We believe in collaboration and connection to build great brands.
To re-brand & re-position Denny’s processed food range.
- large range of soups, cook-in sauces, curry pastes, pasta sauces, pasta bakes and pour over sauces going largely unnoticed by the consumer.
- Main stream competitors dominating the market.
- Difficulty standing out in cluttered retail environment.
- Packaging lacked appetite appeal and on-shelf presence.
To effectively introduce new look and feel by driving traffic and consumer interaction Contrast initiated the following:
- New tag line created. ‘Everyone’s a chef with Denny’
- Complete packaging re-design with emphasis on excellent quality, great tasting food at home
- Fresh, modern styling and photography to push appetite appeal
- Impactful packaging re-design to showcase wholesome, good quality food and drive home consumer quality choice – best for your family, quality at home
- New, consumer friendly, category recognition system developed
- Range specific design & photography style
- Easy to navigate, icon system for quick differentiation and on-shelf stand-out
To effectively introduce new look and feel by driving traffic and consumer interaction Contrast launched the following:
- Competition mechanism at Point of Purchase
- Driving traffic to website, data-capturing
- Creating interaction with new brand image
- Improved point of sale elements created in-line with new packaging
This was the beginning of a very successful long-term partnership, paving the way for the most recent success:
This campaign pledged 50c for every can of soup sold, donating this value to Foodbank.
- extensive use of social media platforms
- online platforms
- print advertising
- point-of-sale material.
Also making use of extensive PR to push Denny's philanthropic initiative.
The updated branding and packaging had a dramatic effect in the marketplace.
- An overall increase in sales throughout all categories - with some products increasing their sales up to 180%.
- The lowest increase within a category was recorded at 20%.
The initial promotional campaign was also very successful - with thousands of South Africans entering the competition online.
- The final result was a database of more than 25 000 entrants which could now be used for future marketing campaigns.
- The promotion also helped to educate consumers and make them aware of the extensive range of Denny products.
The Denny "Soup2Give" campaign ushered in a new era in the Denny brand personality.
No longer was Denny just trying to sell products - they were giving back to the community and feeding hungry kids during winter.The campaign was a great success with Denny donating a total of R200 000 worth of soup to Foodbank.
*The public relations arm of this "Soup2Give" campaign initiative secured a Prism award for outstanding PR.